(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
Mangawan is a 'panchayat town' situated in Rewa district of the central Indian state, Madhya Pradesh. Mangawan is situated in the west of Mauganj at a distance of 35 kms and in the northeast of Raipur at a distance of 18 kms. Geographically, it is located between 24.68° North latitude and 81.55° East longitude at a height of 305 metres (1000 feet) above mean sea level. Strategically positioned on the NH 3, the nearest airport from Mangawan is at Jabalpur and the nearest railway station is the Rewa Railway Station.
It is imperative to know the Census report of the town in order to know the status of the population. According to the Indian Census report of 2001, Mangawan had a population of 11,556. Males account for 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In Mangawan, 18% of the populatuion is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Mangawan is 57% which is lower than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 68% and the female literacy rate is 45%.
Some of the prime attractions in the vicinity are Chachai Falls, Birsinghpur Shiva Temple, and the ancient temples and 19th century palaces at Rewa.