Jiyanpur is a town located in the Azamgarh district of Uttar Pradesh.
Jiyanpur is a town located in the eastern part of Azamgarh district of the northern state of India, Uttar Pradesh. The town is located between Azamgarh and Dohrighat. Jiyanpur is located in the south of Raunapur at a distance of 18 km. and in the north of Muhammadabad at a distance of 14 km. Jiyanpur is well connected by road to the important cities in the state. The nearest railway station is the Dohrighat Railway Station and the nearest airport is the Varanasi Airport.Geographically, the town is located between 26.15° North latitude and 83.33° East longitude at a height of 70 metres (229 feet) above mean sea level.
At a distance of 7 km. is the town of Mubarakpur famous for the Banaras sarees. There is an old shrine dedicated to Bhiron Baba in Maharajganj.
The Indian census report which came out in 2001, states that Jiyanpur had a population of10,298. Males comprises of 48% of the population while females account for the remaining 52%. In Jiyanpur, 19% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town which is 56%. This is not a sign of development because the national average literacy rate is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 61%and the female literacy rate is 51%.