The recommended Aromatic Oils for Face care are Chamomile, Geranium, Rose, Juniper, Jasmine, Lemongrass, Mandarin, Marigold, Mimosa, Violet, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Orange and Neroli. As these oils have the property to penetrate deeply, they can be used for effective cleansing as well. Yet different oils should be applied for different type of skins.
Face Cleansing with Aromatherapy
Face Cleansing with Aromatherapy is a process used to clean the impurities that have accumulated over the time. Few drops of essential oils added to the water work deep within the pores of the skin.
• Wash the face with a blend of Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil added to Aloe Vera Gel.
Face Exfoliating with Aromatherapy
Exfoliation with Aromatherapy gives polished skin, free of dull, dead and flaky surface in the face.
• Mix 3 drops of essential oil with 30ml Sweet Almond Oil. Add equal amounts of finely ground oatmeal and coarse desiccated coconut until a thick paste.
• Massage with the paste in small circular movements all over damp skin, particularly around the forehead, nose, chin and neck.
• Then leave for a few minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
• Pat skin dry and moisturize immediately.
Face Moisturizing with Aromatherapy
Massage is the best way to make sure the oils soak in, as the warmth of skin on skin and the rubbing action both speed up absorption. All facial moisturizers should contain essential oils, carrier oil to dilute and Vitamin E as a natural preservative. The carrier oils used to dilute the essential oils are excellent moisturizers in themselves. The oil stops the water found naturally in the body from evaporating into the air. Facial massage oils made with vegetable, flower petal or seed oils that are combined with potent essential oils may be used with both cleansing and nourishment in mind. The best carrier oils for the face are as follows:
• Sweet almond (for normal/combination skin)
• Wheat germ (for mature skin)
• Peach kernel (for sensitive skin)
• Apricot kernel (for dry skin)
• Jojoba (for greasy/irritated skin)
• Sunflower or avocado (for oily/blemished skin)
• Evening primrose (for wrinkles)
Precautions for Face Care with Aromatherapy
When using Aromatherapy oils, there are specific factors that should be kept in mind. They are as follows:
• Always do a patch test before using any Aromatherapy oil. Although these oils are natural, there are risks of allergic reactions.
• Never use Aromatherapy oil in its purest form. Dilute it with water or any carrier oil or mix it with any moisturizer. Essential oils are pretty strong and may cause adverse reactions if they are not diluted.
• Never take Aromatherapy oils internally. These are only meant for topical use.
• Children, pregnant ladies and people who have high blood pressure or epilepsy should be careful with Aromatherapy oils.
• Aromatherapy oils are extremely volatile. When exposed to light and heat, they may get damaged. Always store them away from sunlight and heat.
Thus, face care with Aromatherapy Oils not only boost the sensorial experience of a product but they also nourish the skin and can stimulate cellular renewal.
(Last Updated on : 27-09-2018)
|More ArticlesFace Care with Aromatherapy (1)|
Face Care with Aromatherapy