Objectives of the Cine Artistes Welfare Fund of India:
1. To help cine artistes, or their dependents, who are in financial distress due to old age or otherwise handicapped from accident or disease
2. Providing medical aid to such Cine Artistes and their dependents
3. Education for such Cine Artistes and their dependents (to be limited up to two children)
4. Assistance to such Cine Artistes in case of accidents, medical emergency etc.
Eligibility for Cine Artistes Welfare Fund of India
Unless otherwise approved by the Trustee, any Cine Artiste, who has performed in at least five films and whose annual income from all sources is below Rs.24, 000 per annum, would be eligible to apply in the prescribed format for financial assistance under any of the aforesaid welfare scheme of the Trust.
Benefits of Cine Artistes Welfare Fund of India
Financial assistance in the form of reimbursement of school and college fees will be extended to the eligible Cine Artistes for the schooling/college education of their legitimate children. This aid will however be limited up to two children only.
During a month specified by the Trust for the purpose each year, eligible Cine Artistes may apply in the prescribed format along with the photocopy of the child's mark-list of last examination. Assistance will be granted only where the applicant has passed the examination in the earlier year. He/she will also have to attach a letter from the Head Master/Principal of the school/college stating the yearly fees payable by each applicant student separately. The payment will be made by cheque and will be issued directly in the name of school/college concerned.
In addition to the reimbursement of school and college fees as mentioned above, the Trust will also offer a limited number of scholarships to the meritorious school and college going children of Cine Artistes. In case of physically handicapped children of Cine Artistes, minimum percentage would be the pass marks
Medical and Hospitalization Assistance by Cine Artistes Welfare Fund of India
Medical and hospitalisation assistance in the form of reimbursement of expenses incurred for medical treatment or hospitalisation will be extended to the eligible Cine Artistes and their dependents. The assistance will not be available for routine check ups or routine visits or for minor ailments. It will be at the discretion of the Trust to reject or approve any case of medical expenses/hospitalisation reimbursement. Any eligible Cine Artiste who cannot afford to pay his/her or the dependents medical and/or hospitalisation bills, may apply for advance financial assistance to the Trust in the prescribed format which may be granted at the sole discretion of the Trust.
Financial Assistance in case of Emergency by Cine Artistes Welfare Fund of India
Financial assistance would be extended by the Trust in case of the following emergencies:
1. Death of a Cine Artiste;
2. Permanent disablement of a Cine Artiste;
3. Accidents and mishaps occurred while shooting and disablement arising out of such accidents;
4. Any other emergency which warrants financial assistance by the Trust.
5. Financial assistance would be given depending on the merit of each case. Further, it will be the sole discretion of the Trust to sanction or reject any application for the assistance under this clause without assigning any reason thereof.
6. A totally disabled Cine Artiste or widow or dependent of a deceased Cine Artiste can apply directly to the Trust indicating the Identity Card number. The maximum aid which can be given under this category is Rs.10, 000. However, in exceptional and deserving cases the Trust may relax the limit.
7. Assistance for the above mentioned emergencies would be given only once to the applicant.
Financial Assistance to Remove Poverty by Cine Artistes Welfare Fund of India
Under this scheme financial assistance of Rs. 750/- per month will be extended to Cine Artistes who have fallen on bad days due to unemployment or due to any other reason. To be eligible for such help, a Cine Artiste should be above the age of 50 and should have acted or performed at least in five films or spent not less than five years in the trade. Such applications should be duly recommended by the Union/Association to which the Cine Artiste is/has been affiliated. Financial assistance is also extended to widow of cine artist for a period of 1 year. Assistance to the extent of Rs.750 p.m. can be given for such period as the Trust may decide.
|More Articles in Indian Cinema (69)|