Procedure of Foot Massage
Foot Massage can be done with oil or cream. The strokes are given below:
• First hold the foot from the backside and then start the massaging with the other hand. The thumb should always be placed on the joining point on the front side of the ankle bone and the fore finger on the joining point on the rear side. The massager should always first massage the outside of the foot and then inside.
• After massaging in this position for a while, the massager should alternate the positions of the thumbs and massage the side which was blocked before.
• Then rub the heels in a fast rhythm to increase circulation. After this, start massaging the sole of the feet. Massage the soles thoroughly; each joint should be properly articulated.
• Then turn the foot and press it from the front and hold it again with one hand and move from ankles to toes.
• The massage of the toes starts from the joint where the toe bone joins the foot bone. Massage the area with circular movement to each joint by giving pressure. Twist the toes couple of times on both side and massage the area in between the toes.
• Then put oil in the nails of the feet and massage the area in between the fingers. After the fingers, massage the entire foot once again for a while.
• In the end twist and pull each toe and shake off hands after each toe.
Benefits of Foot Massage
There are several benefits of the Foot Massage. It helps to provide relaxation to the entire body. Some of the beneficial points are provided below:
• It helps to release stress.
• Provide relaxation with good sleep and energy to the body.
• Increase immune system.
• Stimulate the blood circulation.
• Minimise pain and the symptoms of hypertension, liver disease and chronic fatigue.
|More Articles in Body Massage (7)|