Foot Massage is highly praised in Ayurveda, which is one of the most healing and effective therapies in Ayurveda. Most of the forms of Foot Massage have been derived from Shiatsu and Reflexology. According to these practices, applying pressure to more than 7,000 nerves on foot can release energetic blockages in the rest of the body. Foot Massage can even be given for releasing stress and recover injury. Most of the time, Foot Massage is given with hands, but now certain devices are also used to stimulate the reflex areas in the foot. It is said that the soles of the feet contain end parts of the entire organism, and there are connections with the soles of the feet and the various organs of the human body.
Procedure of Foot Massage
Foot Massage can be done with oil or cream. The strokes are given below:
• First hold the foot from the backside and then start the massaging with the other hand. The thumb should always be placed on the joining point on the front side of the ankle bone and the fore finger on the joining point on the rear side. The massager should always first massage the outside of the foot and then inside.
• After massaging in this position for a while, the massager should alternate the positions of the thumbs and massage the side which was blocked before.
• Then rub the heels in a fast rhythm to increase circulation. After this, start massaging the sole of the feet. Massage the soles thoroughly; each joint should be properly articulated.
• Then turn the foot and press it from the front and hold it again with one hand and move from ankles to toes.
• The massage of the toes starts from the joint where the toe bone joins the foot bone. Massage the area with circular movement to each joint by giving pressure. Twist the toes couple of times on both side and massage the area in between the toes.
• Then put oil in the nails of the feet and massage the area in between the fingers. After the fingers, massage the entire foot once again for a while.
• In the end twist and pull each toe and shake off hands after each toe.
Benefits of Foot Massage
There are several benefits of the Foot Massage. It helps to provide relaxation to the entire body. Some of the beneficial points are provided below:
• It helps to release stress.
• Provide relaxation with good sleep and energy to the body.
• Increase immune system.
• Stimulate the blood circulation.
• Minimise pain and the symptoms of hypertension, liver disease and chronic fatigue.
(Last Updated on : 02-05-2019)
Recently Updated Articles in Naturopathy
|• ||Principles of Naturopathy|
Principles of Naturopathy are the basic tenets on which the Nature Cure system is based. Naturopathy is a holistic health care system which has its roots deeply seated in the ancient cultural heritage of India.
|• ||Unani Medicine in India|
Unani medicine in India has brought about a noteworthy transformation of the medical science in the country. Unani-tibb or Unani Medicine also spelled Yunani Medicine (in Arabic, Hindi-Urdu and Persian) means “Greek Medicine.”
|• ||Exercises in Naturopathy|
Exercises in Naturopathy are of utmost importance and the lack of natural exercise is considered one of the chief causes of weakness and illness.
|• ||Pine Oil|
The pine oil is an essential oil that is used in paint thinners, paints, varnishes, etc. It is also used in massage applications, to soothe inflammation, soreness, aches, pain, and gout and also to stimulate and enhance circulation.
|• ||Homeopathic Treatment for Hair Fall|
Homeopathic treatment for hair fall assimilates within its domain an array of medicines, wholly natural in attempt. There are numerous kinds of treatments for hair fall in homeopathy, which can effectively repair the problem.