Ingredients for the Dough:
Ingredients for the Onion Filling:
Method for the Dough:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Knead well for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
Method for the Onion Filling:
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan; add the nigella seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and saute on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
2. Add the besan, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the mixture from the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
4. Remove the bay leaves and discard them.
5. Divide the onion filling into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
Method to Proceed:
1. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
2. Roll out each portion of the dough into a 3 inch diameter circle.
3. Place one portion of the onion filling in the centre.
4. Bring together all the sides, seal it tightly and remove any excess dough.
5. Roll the filled portion again into a 3 inch diameter circle, while ensuring that the filling does not spill out.
6. Gently press the centre of the kachori with the thumb.
7. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 6 kachoris at a time, on a medium flame for 4 minutes. Reduce the flame and deep-fry on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
9. Serve immediately with sweet and sour Tamarind and Date Chutney or Yogurt.
|More Articles in Rajasthani Cuisine (14)|