1. Heat the pan and add oil.
2. Once hot add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilli, black pepper corns and fennel seeds, along with cinnamon stick.
3. Saute till it gets roasted. Then allow it to cool down completely.
4. Then add it to the jar, along with ginger, garlic, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and coconut. Grind it to smooth paste.
5. Mean while wash the baby potato twice and boil it. Once cool down, peel the skin of potatoes.
6. Heat the wok and add coconut oil.
7. Once hot, add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
8. Add the chopped onion and green chilli. Saute till it becomes translucent.
9. Then add the tomato, saute till it becomes mushy.
10. Now add the ground paste to the kadai and saute well till the raw smell goes.
11. Then add the boiled potato and mix well. Make sure the paste coat well.
12. Saute till the potato gets roast.
13. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve it with Rice or Tomato Rice along with Raita.
Tips for Chettinad Urulai Roast
Saute the mixture till raw smell goes, then add the potato, otherwise it wont get proper roasting. If there is no baby potato, one can also try with ordinary potato. Cut in to small cubes and boil it.
|More Articles in Chettinad Cuisine (6)|