Ingredients to Temper:
1. Soak rice and dal for atleast 2 hrs.
2. Add water little by little and grind to a fluffy batter like idli batter. Set aside.
3. In a kadai, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
4. Add curry leaves, green chillies, ginger and saute for a few seconds.
5. Then add onions and fry till slightly browned in colour.
6. Add grated coconut, give a quick stir and switch off.
7. Transfer the above sautéed ingredients to the batter along with required salt and mix well.
8. Heat oil in a pan.
9. When the oil is hot enough, make the batter into round balls with hand and carefully drop it into the preheated oil.
10. Turn over to other side and fry till golden brown.
11. Drain in tissue and enjoy the Seeyam with spicy tomato chutney.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to email@example.com
|More Articles in Chettinad Cuisine (6)|