(Last Updated on : 25/06/2014)
Cyber crime is the new age crime, which is increasing in leaps and bounds. It causes extensive loss to a nation's economy. Cyber crimes range from obscene, threatening and defamatory emails to computer aided sabotage, source code thefts and even attempted cyber murders.
Cyber criminals use the computer and the Internet to commit such crimes. India is also a victim of this crime and in order to deal with the burgeoning cyber crimes the Mumbai Police inaugurated a new department called the Cyber Crime Investigation Cell .It was also meant to enforce provisions of India's Information Technology Law, namely Information Technology Act 2000 and also a number of cyber crime related provisions of criminal laws, including the Indian Penal Code. Cyber Crime Investigation Cell belongs to the Crime Branch, Criminal Investigation Department of the Mumbai
The Cyber Crime Investigation Cell of Mumbai Police was inaugurated on 18th December 2000 and is under the leadership of Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime), Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) and Deputy Commissioner of Police (Enforcement).
Here are some suggestions that must be kept in mind to help protect from bad stuff.
* Never reveal personally - identifiable information online.
* Using a screen name instead of your real name is always a healthy option.
* The posting of address, telephone number, hangout spots or links to other websites or pages where this information is available.
* Be careful about sending pictures to people you do not know very well.
* Avoid sharing personal passwords with other people.
* The passwords to websites, email accounts and instant messenger services should not be shared with friends or strangers.
* Responding to inappropriate messages or emails should be discouraged.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to firstname.lastname@example.org