Right from its inception, Swatantra Theatre, one of the leading Hindi Theatre groups in Pune, has endeavoured in entertaining the audience with humorous, social and contemporaneous plays at renowned institutes like NDA, FTII, Symbiosis, Bharti Vidyapeeth, BMCC, MMCC, Congress Bhavan etc.
This group has produced quite a lot of Hindi plays that include innovative and exclusive production value, contemporary aesthetics and unique, contemporary content have been the attributes of each Swatantra Theatre productions.
The group conducts workshops and long and short duration courses for theatre and film to enthusiastic youngsters and all age group in the city which nurture talent. Swatantra Theatre has with diligence and various methods provided the tools to bring out the best from its students.
Some of the popular plays enacted and the productions that have been appreciated by most are:
(1) "Dhool Me Lipta Sach" - written by Amitabh Shrivastav
(2) "Gagan Damama Bajyo" - written by Piyush Mishra
(3)"Zindagi Ke Rang" - Based on Anton Chekov's stories
(4) "Andha-Yug" - written by Dharamveer Bharati
(5) "Aaj Ki Taaza Khabar." - Written by Abhijeet Choudhary
(6) "Court Martial" -Written by Swadesh Deepak
(7) "Andhon Ka Haathi" -Written by Sharad Joshi
(8) "Zamana Badal Gaya" - Written by Abhijeet Choudhary.