He was the most feared competitor in the compound circuit for his brief career in archery (2005 to 2007). Sanand raised the standard and bar in the national archery. As per education he is a Robotics and Artificial Intelligence major by education & a striving entrepreneur, Sanand established VAYAM-Visionaries & Entrepreneurs in 2008 to boost the standards of Indian Archery and to bring it up to international standards through a corporate endeavour, which was the first and one of its kind approach, following which, sporadically boosted sports organizations sprung up.
Early Career for Sanand Salil Mitra (Professional and Archery)
Sanand was born in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh and did her initial schooling at The Rajkumar College, Raipur, an illustrious school in the renowned IPSC (Indian Public Schools Conference) initially booked for members of the erstwhile royal families and then from Burgess English School, Bilaspur. He later completed his Bachelor in Computer Application and MCA from IGNOU-Delhi, while simultaneously completing his B.E. (Electronics and Communications) from the Institute of Technology, Bilaspur. He is presently pursuing his Master in Business Administration (MBA) from IGNOU-Delhi.
While he was still waiting for the results of his B-School entrance exam in 2005, Sanand, as merely hobby, started archery in a thorn covered field in Bilaspur. He did not have any access to any sort of former training in Archery. Without a coach he would often practise his form only via downloaded pictures from dial-up internet connection, from of course beat down cyber cafe in Bilaspur. He also practised for long hours, for 16 to 17 hours at stretch, getting up early in the morning and shooting indoors in the college balcony of his mother's college, of which she was the principal. 27 days into practise and shooting, Sanand made his debut on the field of archery at national level in Maharajas College Ground, Ernakulam, state of Kerala - bagging gold, silver and in the process breaking several records on debut. He also blazed medal winning trail for his 2 year long stint in Archery and also finally left competitive archery in 2007. And this is also popular fact in the National Archery Circuit.
With consistent representation at big levels for state and country, he landed up with a job in 2008 to start his own firm, VAYAM-Visionaries and Entrepreneurs, as authorized importers of Archery equipments in India, archery range design experts and trainers.
Present Life of Sanand Salil Mitra
He with his background in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics and Sports, as well as being the national record holder, gold medallist and internationally ranked archer from Chhattisgarh, having been painted on several platforms, comprehensive of Maharaja Praveerchandra Bhanjadeo Award by Chhattisgarh State, adornment for distinguished performance in Sports, 2005.
He works with the primary vision to develop archery at the grass root level, to bring in newer technology at sports and develop India. He has also had keen interest in the uplift of sports and archery. He conducted various seminars at IITs, IIMs, NITs and University's such as MSU, Baroda, etc. He started VAYAM as a small firm in 2008 and has grown it to its present size, through hard work and zealous entrepreneurial spirit.
Sanand is a renowned expert on Archery, with a keen interest on Sports Equipment design and Manufacture, and he is an authority of High Performance Archery (HPA). He is also the civil consultant trainer and sports expert at the National Defence Academy, Pune.
Sanand is also the honorary mentor for archery at Lakshya NGO, specializing in Indian Olympic efforts, based in Pune.
Awards and Decorations Received by Sanand Mitra
* Maharaja Praveer Chandra Bhanja Deo Decoration by Chhattisgarh state for outstanding performance in Sports 2005.
* The S.E.C.Railway GM's Award for excellence in the field of Sports 2005.
* The Award for Excellence in Sports by Rotary International, Indian state of Chhattisgarh in 2005.
* The S.E.C. Railway GM's Award for excellence in the field of sports 2006.
* The Award for Excellence in Sports at International Level by Chhattisgarh Yuva Manch, 2006.
* Young Leader's Award for international representation in the field of Sports by Yuva Nav Shakti, 2006.
* A 300 metre stretch of road in Bilaspur, named after him as "Sanand Mitra Marg".
* Sportsman of the Decade Award, Shyam Khel Sammaan, by Dainik Lokmaya, 2011.
Honours Received by Sanand Mitra
* Mention in Chhattisgarh State's Who's Who.
* Mention in the Syllabus of Chhattisgarh State PSC exam.
* Mention in Indian Sports' Who's Who.
* Honour of Platinum Alumnus by Rajkumar College, Raipur.
* Chief Guest at Inauguration of All India Rural Sports Meet, 2005.
* Selection to 3rd Stage of 5 stages in Times of India's Lead India Campaign 2007-08.
* Chief Guest at Pune Zilla Parishad Archery Meet, 2007.
* Co-Chief Guest and shared with his friend Dhanraj Pillai, at Inauguration of Inter-IIT Sports Meet, 2007, IIT Mumbai.
* Guest Speaker at IIT Mumbai TechFest 2007.
* Honorary Guest at 6th Euro-Asian Business Network Conference, Bengaluru 2007.
* Chief Guest at 8th Euro-Asian Business Network Conference, Pune 2007.
* Visionary Consultant to ADITI Consultancy, Chhattisgarh.
* Special Guest at Pune Entrepreneur's Meet, SP College, Pune, 2008.
* Speaker at IIT Mumbai TechFest, 2008.
* Chief Guest at INTACH, heritage function, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh 2009.
* Keynote Speaker at TechFest'11 at National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, 2010.
* Keynote Speaker at TechFest'11 at Maharaja Sayajirao University Engineering College, Vadodara, 2011.
* Keynote Speaker at EnSpirit'12 at Indian Institute of Management, Raipur, 2012
|More Articles in Archers in India (18)|