Publication History of Star Comics
Star Comics was published by India Book House (IBH) on every fortnight, which meant 2 issues of the comic book was published every month and a total of 24 issues were released in a year. This schedule of publishing comics was the general trend during that period. Most of the other publishers also followed the same frequency in publication.
Characters of Star Comics
Star Comics printed and published the most popular international characters which include-
* Superman, a superhero from the planet Krypton, was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and published by DC Comics, USA.
* Batman, a masked superhero and a vigilante with no superpowers, was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger and was published by DC Comics, USA.
* James Bond 007, a secret agent, was created by Ian Fleming.
* Laurel and Hardy, based on the popular actors Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, was owned by Larry Harmon Pictures Corporation, USA.
* Supremo was a superhero character which was based on the popular Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan. It was the only comic book character created by the comics company Star Comics of India Book House.
The publishing house also distributed the comics of Tarzan and his son Korak. Tarzan, the ape man, was created by Edgar Rice Burroughs. It was published by Kiran Comics and Star Comics solely acted as the distributor of the comics series.
|More Articles in Indian Comics Magazines (21)|