Objectives of SAMEER
The aim and mission of SAMEER is to achieve excellence in application oriented research in the areas of Microwave /RF Electronics and Electromagnetics. The Society focuses on the following chief activities:
* Research & Development activities in the areas of its expertise;
* Engage in product development driven by technology and user requirement;
* Develop expertise in areas of competence;
* Create business division and to make it commercially viable in the long run;
* Become multi disciplinary institution and to carter to diversified applications for RF and microwave areas;
* Undertake training ad consultancy in areas of competence;
* Keep pace with rapidly changing technology by continuous training of its manpower;
* Become a non hierarchical organization empowering people at all levels with appropriate authority and accountability.
Research and Development Centres
SAMEER, Mumbai was setup in 1984. The centre of Electromagnetics, Chennai of the then Department of Electronics (DOE) was merged with SAMEER in 1987. SAMEER Kolkata centre was set up in 1994 for research & Development in Millimetrewave Technology. A new centre is being established at Navi Mumbai campus of SAMEER for augmentation of EMI/EMC FACILITY for CE Marking of Electronics products.
SAMEER, Mumbai is pursuing research and development in the field of Opto electronics, medical Electronics, Radar based instrumentation, Atmospheric Remote sensing & Meteorology, RF & Microwave systems and components, Navigational electronics etc. Many of it's R&D outputs and spin-offs have found applications and acceptance in industry.
SAMEER-CEM, Chennai is pursuing Research and Development, Consultancy, test and evaluation services in the areas of electromagnetics and antennas, EMI/EMC, communications and thermal management.
SAMEER, Kolkata, the youngest of the three Centres is pursuing R&D activities in the area of antennas, electromagnetics, RF/Microwave components and subsystems.
SAMEER has been a pioneer in the development of technology in several areas. It has developed: India's first MST Radar which is also the 2nd largest in the world; India's first indigenously developed Linear Accelerator for Cancer treatment; Energy efficient Drying/Heating System for textile, Food, Ceramic, Chemical, Pharma, Rubber applications through RF/Microwave; Microwave dis-infection system for hazardous hospital waste; Code division multiple access (CDMA) receiver; Microwave data link system (MDLS) for user agency; Broad-band sleeve monopole antenna and Wireless frequency hopping UHF data link. It has established India's first center for design and engineering facility for Opto Electronic devices; Class ten thousand clean room facility for space electronics hardware development; Full-fledged EMI/EMC test & evaluation facility for CE marking; RF/Microwave Antenna Measurement test facility and Thermal design and engineering facility.
|More Articles in Government of India (131)|