(Last Updated on : 11/07/2016)
Natural remedy for Peptic ulcer
prescribes a proper diet as well as rest. Diet is considered to be of utmost importance in the cure of this disease. Ulcers that erupt on the stomach or duodenum are called Peptic Ulcers. Even though ulcers are not life threatening, they can be really painful and even cause permanent damage to the body.
Diet Therapy for Peptic Ulcer
In the natural cure of Peptic ulcer, diet is of supreme importance. The diet should be so arranged as to supply adequate nutrition to afford rest to the disturbed organs, to maintain continuous neutralisation of the gastric acid, to inhibit production of acid and to lessen mechanical and chemical irritation. Milk
, cream, butter, fruits
, and fresh, raw and boiled vegetables, natural foods and natural vitamin
supplements are the best diet for an ulcer patient.
An ulcer patient, should never eat when tired or emotionally upset, nor when he is not hungry even if it is meal time, nor when his mouth is dry. He should eat only natural foods and take food in as dry a form as possible. Meals must be small and frequent. All foods and drinks which are either too hot or too cold should be avoided.
Raw Juice Therapy for Peptic Ulcer
Raw vegetables juices, mainly carrot and cabbage juices are beneficial in the treatment of the peptic ulcers. Carrot juice may be taken either alone or in combination with spinach or beat and cucumber.
Home Remedies for Peptic Ulcer
1. The most effective remedy for peptic ulcers is bananas. Bananas neutralises the over acidity of the gastric juices and reduces the irritation of the ulcer by quoting the lining of the stomach. Banana and milk are considered an ideal diet for the patients who are in an advanced state of the disease.
milk made from blanched almonds in a blender is very advantageous as it binds the surplus of acid in the stomach and supplies high quality proteins.
3. Goats raw milk is also extremely beneficial.
4. Cabbage is regarded as another useful home remedy for peptic ulcers.
5. The leaves of Kalyana Murangal tree, which is a variety of drumstick found in South India, have also proved helpful in the curing of the ulcers. The leaves of this tree are ground into a paste and taken mixed with yogurt
leaves contain compounds that can heal ulcer. Boil 1 cup of fenugreek leaves and add a pinch of salt to it. Drink this twice a day.
7. A clove of garlic
is highly recommended for stomach ulcer
. Eat 2- 3 cloves of garlic a day during the daily meals to ease the inflammation in the stomach.
8. Raw honey has natural healing properties that work wonders for treating stomach ulcer. Take a tablespoon of honey daily before breakfast or have it any time of the day with food like wheat bread
Water Therapy for Peptic Ulcer
The ulcer patient should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. However, he should not drink water during or with meals, but only half an hour before or one hour after he has eaten. Alternate hot and cold hip baths
for 10 to 15 minutes and a mud pack
applied over the lower abdominal for half an hour on a daily basis will help the ulcers to heal. The hip bath or the mud pack should be taken on an empty stomach and should be followed by a walk.
Exercise for Peptic Ulcer
and deep breathing exercises
also help in the cure of peptic ulcer. Above all, the patient must try to rid himself of worries and stay cheerful. Yoga Asanas
which are beneficial in the treatment of hyperacidity and ulcers are Vajrasana
, Pavana Muktasana
. Yogic Kriyas
like Jalneti and Pranayamas
are also beneficial.
Naturopathy and Diseases
Ulcers of the Stomach or Grahani
Raw Juice Therapy
Exercises in Naturopathy