Omen is probably the most widely debated topic. According to Vastu Shastra there are both auspicious and inauspicious omens. If a building is constructed according to the principles of Vastu Shastra the proportion of good omens or auspicious omens will increase. However it must be remembered any unnatural or planned action does not mean omen. The great sage Varahmihir has made logical statement about good and bad omens. According to his studies the good and bad actions of a person in the past are reflected in his future and the pre-intimation is obtained in the present.
There are different types of omens. Some of them are related to the domestic animals like cow, dog, cat, horse, bird and others. Some omens are related to wild animals like lion, deer, tiger and bear.
There are several omens related to cows.
These are as follows:-
1. It is a good omen to see a cow when one is going out on an important work or for traveling.
2. According to Vastu Shastra if one sees a cow and a calf after bath he or she will be successful in work that day.
3. If tears come out of the eyes of a cow the head of the house will be prone to illness and even death.
4. If flies or dogs surround the cow there are definite chances of rain that day.
5. If after sunrise a cow or a calf comes to the main entrance of the building on their own it is a good omen.
Domestic animals also include donkeys and the omens associated with this animal are as follows:-
1. When a donkey is standing still on the right side it is a bad omen. However if is stands in a similar posture on the left side it is considered a good omen.
2. If a donkey calls from behind or from the front it is a bad omen.
3. While going on a tour if the donkey is howling on the right side it is a bad omen. However, if it is on the left side it is a good omen.
(Last Updated on : 01-02-2014)
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Religion
|• ||Varna System in Ancient India|
Varna System in Ancient India formed the basic structure of Hindu society. It is among the world’s oldest forms of surviving social stratification. Varna system divided the society into four major sections based on the occupation of the people.
|• ||Nadar Caste|
One of the most renowned castes of Tamil Nadu is the Nadar caste. The Nadar community is a mixture of sub-castes and classes of different origins, which came under one banner of Nadar caste gradually.
|• ||Concept of Ultimate Reality|
Concept of Ultimate Reality in Bhagavad Gita states that Brahman is ground of existence and all realities. As per the Concept of Ultimate Reality, Brahman is all-embracing, uncreated and infinite. Brahman is the reason and objective of all that exists in the world..
|• ||Elements of Vastu|
Vastu Shastra is traditional Indian systems of architecture originating in India. Elements of Vastu are Earth, Water, Air, Space and Fire.
Sati is the wife of Lord Shiva and the Hindu goddess of marital felicity and longevity. She is known to have immolated herself unable to tolerate foul words for her husband, spoken by her father Daksha.