The signs are derived from the constellations that mark out the path on which the sun appears to travel over the course of a year. The zodiac belt is the band of stars that surrounds the earth like a ring with the 12 main constellations that forms a great ring around mankind. Amongst the millions of stars in the sky, the 7 planets and two invisible planets (in Vedic Astrology) are in constant motion. Each Zodiac is named after patterns, or configuration of animals and features that can be visualised by looking at them in the starry nights. The figures got linked with the symbolic trait endowed by that zodiac to the earth’s inhabitants. Astrology is guided entirely by zodiac signs.
Twelve Zodiacs in Horoscope
There are twelve zodiac signs in Horoscope, and each sign has its own strengths and weaknesses, its own specific traits, desires and attitude towards life and people. The zodiac sign of a person is identified by analyzing the projection of the position of planets, and the Sun and the Moon on the Ecliptic at the moment of birth.
Elements in Zodiac Signs
Twelve Zodiacs in Horoscope are categorized by the very element that represents them namely Water, Earth, Fire and Air. They are as follows:
Compatibility in Zodiac Signs
Human relations and compatibility can also be judged on the basis of the relationship of these elements. All the signs are compatible with the other signs born under the same element. There are some elements that are not compatible with the other elements. These are as follows:
1. Fire signs and water signs are not so compatible. The emotional nature of water sign can be too demanding for the fiercely independent sign of fire. The enthusiasm of leading a life of desires of the fire signs can actually neglect the deep seeded need of emotional security of the water signs.
2. Water signs gel well with Earth signs. Thus these two signs are compatible, as emotional needs of water signs go well with firm and warm security of earth. The reverse is true for the other sign.
3. Earth signs do not gel well with air signs. Since rigid thinking and slow movements of the earth signs can be quite confining to the freedom loving airy people. And earth cannot adapt to the quick and changeable thoughts and actions of air.
4. Air and Fire signs are mutually compatible. Both elements facilitate each other’s existence with beautiful easygoing nature.
5. Fire is neutral to earth, as both elements have no effect on each other. Thus a basic emotional detachment exists when these two signs are operating together. They are neither too compatible, nor incompatible. In such cases, the level of compatibility is dependent on individual’s nature
6. Water and air signs are again neutral to each other. The effects, when theses two come together are not specific or predictable. But still they can have profound effect on each other.