Origin of Soan Papdi
Soan Papdi has originated in a small town called Najibabad, located in the Bijnor district of Uttar Pradesh, India. Its popularity has reached the shops of various other South Asian countries as well like Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal.
Ingredients for Soan Papdi:
1. Sift both flours together.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
3. Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden. Keep aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
4. Prepare syrup simultaneously.
5. Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk. Bring syrup to 2 and 1/2 thread consistency. Pour at once into the flour mixture.
6. Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
7. Pour onto a greased surface or Thali and roll to 1 inch thickness lightly.
8. Sprinkle the Melon seeds and cardamom and gently press down with palm.
9. Cool, cut into 1inch squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.
10. Store in airtight container.
Traditional Indian Sweets
|More Articles in Indian Sweet Recipe (42)|