(Last Updated on : 06/08/2010)
Nainpur is a city located in the Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh. Geographically, the town is located between 22.43° North latitude and 80.12° East longitude at a height of 447 meters (1466 feet) above mean sea level. It is located in the southeast of Jabalpur at a distance of seventy-seven kilometers. The nearest airport is at Jabalpur and the nearest railway station is the Nainpur Junction Railway Station on the Nagpur- Jabalpur line.
The Indian Census report published in 2001states that Nainpur had a population of 21,769. Males account for 51% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 49%. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of Nainpur, which is 75% higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 81% and the female literacy rate is 68%.
The nearby tourist attractions include Kanha Tiger Reserve, Niwas and Mandla.