Procedure of Face Massage
The procedure of Face Massage is provided below step by step:
• Begin by stroking up each side of the jaw-line to the forehead. Repeat this step for four or five times.
• Slowly stroke the forehead rhythmically with palm from just above the brows to the hairline.
• From the centre hairline slide the thumbs out to the side, applying gentle pressure.
• Move down the forehead slightly and repeat the step. Continue this outward stroking pressure to reach the eyebrows.
• Now place the heel of each hand on the centre of forehead and slide out to the sides. Repeat this step for three times.
• Place the first two fingers of each hand on the temples and circle gently for a minute or two, applying a little pressure. All the above movements help to relieve a headache. Try lavender oil for the massage, as it can ward off a headache if used in time.
• Place the thumbs on the inner eyebrows and slide out to the sides and repeat the steps for three times.
• Then with the index finger and thumb gently pull along the brow bone for three times.
• Move the fingers gently over the eyelids with circular movements from the inner to the outer corners for three times.
• Alternately stroke down the nose with the thumbs, and gently rub round the nose tip and nostrils. Be careful not to press hard on the nostrils.
• Stroke the cheeks across the cheekbones and gradually work down the face to the chin.
• Make little circular movements across the top lip. After reaching the corner of the mouth lift slightly and repeat the step.
• Make pinching movements out along the jaw line and up towards the ears.
• Rub the earlobes with the fingers and thumb, and gently pinch all around the outer ear.
• Sweep the hands up the neck and on to the cheeks. Hold and then repeat again.
• Finish by massaging the forehead with lighter strokes until the massager brings his hands off.
|More Articles in Aromatherapy Massages (30)|