Mishti Doi is generally consumed as a single food item but sometimes people prefer to have it with puffed rice or Poha. Curd is considered auspicious in Hindu religion hence this dish is also made in various occasions and celebrations like Durga Puja, Diwali and weddings.
Ingredients for Mishti Doi:
Bhapa Doi, another variety of dessert where the yogurt is steamed. This desert is kind of pudding. People often get confused with Bhapa Doi and Mishti Doi, may be because both are so finely set that sometimes it gets difficult to make a difference.
Ingredients for Bhapa Doi:
1. In a large pan whisk hung curd and condensed milk together with an electric hand blender till smooth and creamy.
2. Add milk slowly and whisk again till froth appears.
3. Add cardamom powder and handful of raisins and give a quick stir again.
4. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Centigrade and meanwhile take 6 oven safe bowls to bake the curd.
5. Pour in the curd mix into the bowls till the rim.
6. In a baking tray, place the filled bowls and pour water in the tray till the bowls are half immersed.
7. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
8. Take out the tray and let it cool.
9. Once the bowls are cool completely, garnish with chopped pistachios.
10. Refrigerate the Bhapa Doi for minimum 2 hours and serve chilled.
Traditional Indian Sweets
|More Articles in Indian Sweet Recipe (42)|