Suji Kheer is an Indian sweet recipe served as dessert. This Kheer is easily digestible and works well even as a baby food. It takes less time and is very nutritious in content. Suji is light and easy to digest. Adults and kids everyone likes to eat Suji Kheer. It is an instant recipe and can be prepared in less time. Generally it is made for Varalakshmi Puja or any auspicious Fridays.
Ingredients for Suji Kheer:
Milk - 2 and 1/2 cup
Suji - 1/4 cup
Sugar -2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cashews - 10 to 12, chopped
Raisins - 20
Pistachios - 10 to 12, chopped
Cardamom - 4, crushed
1. Pour milk in a pan and keep it on a stove to boil.
2. Take another pan and heat ghee in it. Put a bowl of suji into it ad roast until it turns brown.
3. Lower down the flame once the milk starts to boil.
4. Mix sugar and suji into the milk and stir well.
5. Stir the kheer continuously so that Suji should not form lumps into the milk. The consistency of the milk will become thick. Keep on stirring the kheer so that it doesn’t stick at the bottom of the pan.
6. Once the kheer becomes thick put all the chopped dry fruits (raisins, cashews and pistachios) into it and mix well.
7. Garnish it with chopped pistachios.
8. Suji Kheer is ready to serve hot.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roasted Vermicelli Kheer
Indian Sweet Recipe
Indian Dry Sweets
Indian Fried Sweets
Indian Sweet Makers
Traditional Indian Sweets
(Last Updated on : 12-10-2016)
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Food
|• ||Bel Sherbet|
Bel Sherbet is a popular summer drink made using the pulp of bel fruit, also called wood apple. This fruit has natural cooling properties and also hydrates the body. The presence of vitamin C protects from infections and builds body immunity.
|• ||Sajana Phula Rai|
Sajana Phula Rai is a spicy dish from Odisha that can be served with rice or chapattis.
Sambharo is traditionally a Gujarati dish which is a quick stir fry made of cabbage and carrots. It is flavoured mildly with chillies and spices. It works as a side dish as well.
|• ||Sev Tameta Nu Shaak|
Sev Tameta Nu Shaak is a delicious recipe in Gujarati cuisine made from sev cooked in a tangy tomato gravy.
|• ||Kongunadu Cuisine|
Kongunadu cuisine constitutes the dishes of the region of Kongu situated in western part of Tamil Nadu. Kongunadu cuisine has the natural crops of the Kongu region as its main ingredients.