(Last Updated on : 04-10-2019)
Jammu and Kashmir is a picturesque province renowned for its breathtaking locales. The Jammu and Kashmir Media play a monumental role in extensively covering all events of significance all across the globe.Both the Print and electronics Media contribute a lot for the improvement of local people. The newspaper published from Jammu and Kashmir are
- Newspaper that covers local and world news, and sport stories.
- Newspaper primarily aimed at the Hindu minority.
- Daily newspaper from Srinagar.
-Pro-Indian site featuring news, comments, and basic facts related to conflict, documents, and photos.
Kashmir Liberation Cell Government
- News, articles, and information on atrocities by Indian troops from "Official Website of Government of Azad Jammu & Kashmir".
- Strongly pro-Indian journal providing Jammu and Kashmir news, as well as information and analysis on terrorism.
Kashmir Media Service
- Comprehensive daily coverage of events in Kashmir from anti-Indian perspective.
- Daily online newspaper from Srinagar.
-In-depth features, daily news and pictures from Jammu and Kashmir.
-Srinagar based newspaper providing more or less balanced coverage of Kashmir conflict.
- Jammu-based daily. It is the oldest newspaper of Jammu and Kashmir.
-UK based news site mainly devoted to human rights situation in Kashmir.
News Agency of Kashmir
- First online news agency from the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
The main regional language in Jammu and Kashmir is Kashmiri. Jammu and Kashmir radio stations also broadcast in Hindi
, English and other languages. The radio stations differ with every city like Kargil radio stations, Poonch radio stations, Srinagar
radio stations and many more. All radio stations belong to All India Radio (AIR). In Jammu there is one station that belongs to Adlabs network-BIG 92.7Fm.
Various official media units of the Government of India, primarily Doordarshan, shell out a good amount of money every month on making special programs and documentaries showcasing the democracy and secularism of India but at the end of the day, it is the Pakistani viewpoint that considerably prevails. With an electronic boom in the country and many new channels coming up every year, the viewer now has a choice to make. However, in Jammu and Kashmir the Pakistan Television (PTV) still maintains a large viewership in the rural countryside.
The official electronic media of India, Doordarshan, has poor quality reception with no reach at all in various. In urban areas, however, Doordarshan is fighting a different kind of war. Its programmes are not reaching the majority of people who are being fed with the India-India propaganda launched by Pakistan through its electronic media. One of the reasons for Doordarshan
's inability to counter this war is violation of rules by private cable TV operators who continue to beam PTV and another Pakistani channel GEO TV channel blacking out Doordarshan.