(Last Updated on : 03-02-2009)
Nallampatti is a ' panchayat town' located in Erode District of southern state of India, Tamil Nadu. Covering an area of four square kilometers, Nallampatti is surrounded by the towns of Nasiyanur in the east, Kolappalur in the northwest, Kunnathur in the southwest, Chittode in the north and Karumandichellipalayam in the southeast. The town is easily accessible from Perundurai, Erode and Satyamangalam by road. The nearest airport is the C A Coimbatore Airport and the nearest railway station is the Ingur Railway Station.
The Indian Census report published in 2001, states that Nalampatti had a small population of 3670. To be specific, males account for 51 percent of the population and females comprises of the remaining 49 percent. In Nallampatti, 8 percent of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Nallampatti is 54 percent, which is lower than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5 percent. The male literacy rate is 66 percent and the female literacy rate is 42 percent.
Sankagiri, Satyamangalam, Chennimalai Temple and Bhavani are prime attractions in the vicinity.