Mustafabad is a major archaeological site and is located in the Yamunanagar district of Haryana.
Mustafabad is a ' census town' in Yamunanagar district of the Indian state of Haryana. Located at a height of 256 metres (839 feet) above mean sea level geographically, the town comes between 30.2° North latitude and 77.15° East longitude. The district headquarters Yamunanagar is located at a distance of 23 km. and Jagadhri is in the south at a distance of 18 km. The nearest town is Chhachhrauli which is located in the foothills of the Shivalik Ranges. The nearest airport is the Indira Gandhi International Airport and the nearest railway station is the Yamunanagar Railway Station.
Embedded in history, Mustafabad is a major archeological site. Several artifacts have been unearthed from this place that are linked to the history of the Indian civilization.
According to the Indian Census report of 2001, Mustafabad had a small population of 8513. Males account for 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In Mustafabad, 12% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Mustafabad as given in the Indian Census report is 72%, which is much higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 77% and the female literacy rate is 68%.