Muhamma is an idyllic tourist destination as the famous island Pathiramanal is easily accessible from here by boat. The tourists can enjoy the lush greenery of Muhamma and this makes it a paradise for all nature lovers. The crystal clear water of Vembanad lends serenity to the ambience of Muhamma. Kuttanad and Kumarakom are the other major attractions around Muhamma.
The Indian Census report published in 2001 reveals that Muhamma had a population of 24,513. Males account for 48% of the population and females constitutes the remaining 52%. In Muhamma, 10% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of Muhamma in order to give an idea about the status of the population. The average literacy rate of Muhamma is 85%, which is much higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 88% and the female literacy rate is 83%.