Moran town is a prominent industrial town located in the Dibrugarh district of Assam.
Moran is a small ' census town' situated in Dibrugarh district of the northeastern state of India, Assam. It is surrounded by the towns of Dihajan in the west, Tengakhat and Tinkhong in the east, Mohanbari in the north and Salaguri, Maranjan and Sonari in the south. The district headquarters is in Dibrugarh, which is at a distance of 40 km. from Moran Town and connected via roadways. This town is industrially very developed. It is a major tea-producing region in the state and also a major oil field. Dibrugarh Railway station and the airport at Dibrugarh are the major access points.
As per the Indian Census report of 2001, Moran Town had a small population of 6784. To be specific, males account for 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In this ' census town' 10% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also reveals the literacy rate of Moran Town. The average literacy rate of Moran Town is 84%, which is much higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate of Moran Town is 86% and the female literacy rate is 86%.
A prime attraction near Moran Town is Raidangia Dol, which contains remnants of the Ahom Dynasty.