(Last Updated on : 03/12/2008)
Mopperipalayam is a 'panchayat town' situated in Coimbatore district of the south Indian state, Tamil Nadu. The nearest' access points' are C A Coimbatore Airport and Coimbatore Junction Railway Station. It is spread over an area of 15 square kilometers. It is connected to Sulur and Coimbatore by road.
Detailed information about the town is given in the Indian Census report published in 2001.According to the report Mopperipalayam had a population of 8303. To be specific, males constitute 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Mopperipalayam, 11% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Mopperipalayam is 60%, which is slightly higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 68% and the female literacy rate is 50%.
Sulur, Irugur, Perur and Coimbatore are the nearby tourist destinations.