(Last Updated on : 03/12/2008)
Miranpur is a ' panchayat town' located in the Muzaffarnagar district of the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is located in the north of Muzaffarnagar, the district headquarters, at a distance of 33 km. It is positioned in the southern part of the district with the Khatauli Railway Station the nearest railway station and Indira Gandhi International Airport the nearest airport. Geographically, the town is located between 29.3° North latitude and 77.93° East longitude resting at a height of 230 metres (754 feet) above mean sea level.
The Indian Census report of 2001 reveals that Miranpur had a population of 26, 101. Males account for 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In Miranpur, 19% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Miranpur is 53%. This is definitely not a progressive trend because the national average literacy rate is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 61% and the female literacy rate is 45%.