(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
Marhaura is a city located in Saran district of the eastern state of India, Bihar. It is located in the north of Chhapra at a distance of 20 kms. The Patna airport and the Chhapra Railway Station that facilitates communication are the nearest ' access points'. Geographically, the city is located between 25.97° North latitude and 84.87° East longitude at an average elevation of 52 metres (170 feet) above mean sea level.
It is imperative to know the Census report of the town in order to know the status of the population. According to the Indian Census report of 2001, Marhaura had a population of 24,534. Males account for 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Marhaura, 19% of the populatuion is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Marhaura is 42% which is much lower than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 54% and the female literacy rate is 29%.
Vaishali, a pilgrim center for Buddhists and Jains, is located in the east of Marhaura at a distance of 25 kms.