(Last Updated on : 03-02-2009)
Manawar is a city and the taluka headquarters located in the Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh. Located on the banks of the Man River, Manawar is located in the south of Bandheri at a distance of 39 km. and in the northwest of Maheshwar at a distance of 38 km. The nearest 'access points' are the Devi Ahilya Bai Holeker Airport and Badnagar Railway Station. It is located between 22.23° North latitude and 75.08° East longitude at a height of 180 metres (590 feet) above mean sea level.
Detailed information about the town can be found in the Indian Census report of 2001. Males comprises of 52% of the population and females account for the remaining 48%. In Manawar, 15% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Manawar is 59% which is slightly lower than the national average literacy rate of 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 66% and the female literacy rate is 52%.
The Man Dam, built in the Narmada Valley, is an exciting excursion option. The other prime attractions are Bagh Caves, Sardarpur Sanctuary, Rajpur, the ancient monuments at Badnawar and the historic sites around Indore.