(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
Makhdumpur is a city situated in Jehanabad district of the eastern state of India, Bihar. It is located on NH 83 in the south of Jehanabad, the district headquarters town at a distance of 17 km. The nearest airport is the Gaya Airport and the nearest railway station is the Makhdumpur Gaya Railway Station.
Near the town flows the sacred Yamuna River. Gaya and Bodhgaya are easily accessible from Makhdumpur.
As per the Indian Census report, Makhdumpur had a population of 30,170. Males' account for 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Makhdumpur, 17% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Makhdumpur is 45%, which is much lower than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 54 percent and the female literacy rate is 35%.