(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
Lalganj is a city situated in the Vaishali District of the eastern state of India, Bihar. It is located in the north of Hajipur at a distance of 25 km. The municipality looks after the local administration of the city. The nearest access points are the Patna Airport and the Bhagwanpur Railway Station. Geographically, the town is located between 25.87° North latitude and 85.18° East longitude at a height of 42 metres (137 feet) above mean sea level.
The Indian Census report published in 2001 states that Lalganj had a population of 29,487. Males account for 52% of the population while females account for the remaining 48%. In Lalganj, 18% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the city. The literacy rate of the city is 51% which is much lower than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 60% while the female literacy rate is 42%.
Baraila Bird Sanctuary and the pilgrimage site of Vaishali are easily accessible from Lalganj.