(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
Joura is a town and a nagar panchayat situated in the Morena district of the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. This town is located in the southwest of the district headquarters, Morena at a distance of 24 km. and about 43 km. east of Sabalgarh. The town is well connected with the neighbouring cities and towns in the state. The nearest access points are the airport at Gwalior and the Sabalgarh and Morena Railway Station.
The Indian census report of 2001, states that the population of Joura had been enumerated to be 25,514. Males constitute 54% of the population and females' account for the remaining 46%. In Joura, 16% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town. The average literacy rate of Joura has been estimated to be 64%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 74% and the female literacy rate is 52%.
The major attractions in the vicinity of the town are Fort of Sabalgarh, Sanjay National Park and National Chambal Sanctuary. The neighbourhood towns of Mitawali, Nurabad and Pahargarh are some of the exciting excursion sites.