(Last Updated on : 02-02-2009)
Jhumpura is a census town in the Kendujhar district (also known as Keonjhar district) of the coastal state of India, Orissa. The Indian census report, which came out in 2001 states that Jhumpura, had a small population of 5265. Males account for 52% of the population and females account for the remaining 48%. In Jhumpura, 13% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of this census town is 68%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate of Jhumpura is 75% and the female literacy rate is 61%.