Makum, Tinsukia, Assam - Informative & researched article on Makum, Tinsukia, Assam
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Assam > Makum
Makum, Tinsukia, Assam
Makum is a significant town situated in Tinsukia district of Assam.
 
 Makum, Tinsukia,  AssamMakum is a significant town situated in Tinsukia District of the northeastern state of India, Assam. It is placed in the east of Guwahati at a distance of 525 km. The NH 37 passes through the town and NH 38 starts from this town. The nearest access points are the Dibrugarh Airport and the Makum Junction Railway Station on the Tinsukia-Dangori line of North East Frontier Railways. Geographically, the town is located between 27.5° North latitude and 95.45° East longitude at a height of 122 metres (400 feet) above mean sea level.

As per the Indian Census report of 2001, Makum had a population of 15, 058. Males constitute 53% of the population and females account for the remaining 47%. In Makum, 13% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Makum is 68% which is higher than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 73% and the female literacy rate is 62%.

The Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, which is one of the nineteen-biodiversity hotspots in the world, is one of the prime attractions of the place. The tea gardens at Doomdooma and Digboi are an ideal retreat for tourists.

(Last Updated on : 21/06/2014)
More Articles in Cities of Assam  (51)
 
Guwahati  (2)
 
Tezpur  (1)
 
Gauripur  (1)
 
 
Sibsagar  (1)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hajo  
 
 
Hamren  
 
 
Makum  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bohari  
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Warangal
Warangal, located on northern Andhra Pradesh is famous for its beautiful lakes, temples and wildlife .
Ullal
Ullal is an ancient town of Karnataka which boasts its glorious past through the relics of ancient monuments. It also hosts an exquisite beach cherished by the tourists for its natural beauty.
Aror
Aror, located 8 km east of Rohri in Sindh, Pakistan, was the ancient capital of Sindh and located on the bank of Indus.
Velankanni
Velankanni officially known as Vailankanni is a town in Tamil Nadu offers tourist importance.
Kappil
Kappil is one of the most important tourist destinations in Kerala. This city serves as the weekend gateway for its scenic backwaters and beach.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Makum, Tinsukia, Assam - Informative & researched article on Makum, Tinsukia, Assam
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.