Procedure of Eye Massage
Eye Massage should be done by a professional therapist with proper massage strokes. Oil or cream can be used for the massage. The strokes for the Eye Massage are:
• Use the middle finger to massage the eye-socket bones and down to the bridge of the nose; repeat the step for 8-10 times. This could help to increase the blood circulation in the face, giving more oxygen and nutrients to the red blood cells around the eyes
. • Press on the pressure points just under the brow bone below the inner eyebrows and count till 3, then press at the temples; repeat this step again. By adding pressure, different areas of the facial muscles are stimulated, which operates the squinting and blinking.
• Now using the thumbs, gently press on the area right above the inner corner of the eyes where the crease of the lid begins. Press the area slowly and then release; repeat this exercise for 5 times. This helps to relieve the pressure in the eyes.
• Now massage the hollow area with middle fingers, which is located in the temples on the side of the face with an up and down motion. Continue to massage the area for 1 minute. It will reduce the tension and gives relaxation to the temple areas.
• Lastly, massage the area located in the back of the skull with the tips of the index fingers with almost no pressure as this is a quite tender area. Continue to massage the area for 1 minute. Give some rest to the eyes by putting cotton balls soaked in rose water on them.
Benefits of Eye Massage
There are several benefits of a proper Eye Massage, some of which are:
• It improves eyesight.
• Reduces dark circles around eye areas.
• Decreases eye muscle pain.
(Last Updated on : 01-05-2019)
|More Articles in Body Massage (7)|