Methods of Preparing Ubtans as Cleansing Massage
There are several methods of preparing Ubtans, some of which have been provided below:
• For general body massage one needs to mix up mustard oil 1/4 oz, chickpea flour 2 ozs, and turmeric powder 1 teaspoonful with water to make a thick paste.
• For face there are three types of Ubtans- Besan and Raw Milk paste with sandalwood power; Gram Flour and Wheat Bran paste with yoghurt or milk cream, and a bit of turmeric; Besan and Lemon paste with gram flour, sandalwood powder, red lentil powder, turmeric powder and rose water, etc.
Application of Ubtans on Skin as Cleansing Massage
After applying the Ubtan one should relax till the paste begins drying on the body. The moment it starts drying, rubbing that area and taking off the paste should be started. This rubbing opens all the body pores and provides nourishment to the body. The fine parts of chemicals in the Ubtans are absorbed by the skin which then go inside the body and strengthen the nerves. Friction and rubbing to remove the paste increases circulation of blood and provides energy.
Benefits of Using Ubtans as Cleansing Massage
There are several benefits of suing face and body Ubtans as a method of Cleansing Massage. Some of which are:
• Ubtan cures disorders caused by imbalance of mucous.
• It increases semen and enhances strength and stamina.
• It also stimulates blood circulation and cures diseases and infections of the skin.
• The use of Ubtan on face relaxes the jaws, neck and cheek musclesto provide a healthy and clear complexion.
(Last Updated on : 25-04-2019)
|More Articles in Ayurvedic Skin Care (6)|