Varyoon Patata, Sindhi Cuisine
Varyoon Patata is a Sindhi delicacy cooked with dal wadis and potatoes in onion masala.
Varyoon Patata is a Sindhi delicacy cooked with dal wadis and potatoes in onion masala. The Varyoon Patata is a delectable treat from the Sindhi cuisine.
Wadis - 2, broken into pieces
Potatoes - 4, peeled and diced
Brinjal - 1 medium sized, diced
Tomatoes - 3 medium sized, diced
Onion - 3 medium sized, diced
Shallots - 3, slitted
Green chillies - 3
Ginger - 1/2 inch, grated
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder
Curd - 1/4 cup
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water as required
Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Chop the medium sized onions finely, peel and dice the potatoes, peel small onions and slit them in plus shape, add salt and keep them aside for 5 min.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Break the wadis into large pieces and slightly fry them, drain on tissue paper.
3. Add Cumin seeds and let it splutter. Then add chopped onions and fry onions, in same oil, until well browned.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, chillies, grated ginger, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and fry till it becomes thick gravy like.
5. Take a bowl and beat curd in it till it is smooth. Add it to the pan.
6. Add potatoes, salt and garam masala, and saute it well till the oil separates.
7. Add some water, cover the lid and put it on medium flame.
8. When potatoes are almost cooked. Finally add wadis, brinjal and slitted onions. Simmer for 6-8 min.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot with steamed rice or rotis.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to email@example.com
(Last Updated on : 08-08-2016)
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Food
|• ||Bel Sherbet|
Bel Sherbet is a popular summer drink made using the pulp of bel fruit, also called wood apple. This fruit has natural cooling properties and also hydrates the body. The presence of vitamin C protects from infections and builds body immunity.
|• ||Sajana Phula Rai|
Sajana Phula Rai is a spicy dish from Odisha that can be served with rice or chapattis.
Sambharo is traditionally a Gujarati dish which is a quick stir fry made of cabbage and carrots. It is flavoured mildly with chillies and spices. It works as a side dish as well.
|• ||Sev Tameta Nu Shaak|
Sev Tameta Nu Shaak is a delicious recipe in Gujarati cuisine made from sev cooked in a tangy tomato gravy.
|• ||Kongunadu Cuisine|
Kongunadu cuisine constitutes the dishes of the region of Kongu situated in western part of Tamil Nadu. Kongunadu cuisine has the natural crops of the Kongu region as its main ingredients.