Sol Kadhi is a type of curry usually eaten with rice or sometimes drunk after the meals. It is a refreshing appetizer drink originated in Konkan region of Maharashtra. Sol Kadhi is made of Kokum fruit, coconut milk and flavoured with garlic and cumin. Maharashtrian cuisine is little spicy and Sol Kadhi gives soothing effect after hot and spicy meals. Also kokum helps in digestion process. Sol Kadhi is served chilled or lukewarm.
Kokum - 7 to 8
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Green Chilli - 1, finely chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ingredients for Tempering:
Ghee - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Soak Kokum into 1/2 cup hot water for 30 minutes. Squeeze and strain.
2. Take chopped coriander and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl and crush by fingers nicely.
3. Take green chilli and little salt, crush it by using spoon.
4. Chop garlic finely.
5. Crush cumin seeds coarsely.
6. In a bowl, add coconut milk, kokum water, crushed coriander and green chilli, chopped garlic and crushed cumin seeds. Add little salt if needed. Mix nicely.
1. In a bowl, add coconut milk, kokum water, crushed coriander and green chilli, chopped garlic. Add little salt if needed. Stir nicely.
2. Heat a small saucepan, add Ghee. Once Ghee becomes hot add crushed cumin seeds and pour this tempering in Coconut milk mixture. Stir nicely.
Sol Kadhi is generally served cold, but it can be serve lukewarm. While serving, sprinkle little cumin powder. One can add 1/4 cup sour buttermilk to enhance the taste.
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Food
Coffee is a widely consumed beverage prepared from the roasted seeds of the coffee plant.
|• ||Tamarind Pulp|
Tamarind Pulp is the thick pulp of ripe fruit of Tamarind which is commonly used as condiment.
|• ||Rosemary Leaves|
Rosemary Leaves in dried form act as spice as well as flavouring agent. It possesses a fragrant equivalent to tree. Rosemary is a woody herb. It can also be used to improve skin, help hair growth, prevent infection and speed wound healing.
|• ||Celery Seed|
Celery seed is the dried ripe fruit of the umbelliferous herb. It is usually 60 to 180 cm high, and erect, with conspicuously jointed stems bearing well-developed leaves on long expanded petioles.
|• ||Cuisine of Haryana|
Cuisine of Haryana is pure and nutritious. The Haryanvis prefer simple foods that are wholesome and fresh.