1. Heat oil in a deep pan.
2. Saute cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves on a low flame.
3. Add besan and stir continuously till fragrant and besan turns little golden in colour.
4. Add asafoetida and mix, continue until smooth.
5. When the besan is turned into a nice golden colour, mix tomato puree along with 4 cups of water.
6. Keep the flame medium high and stir continue to avoid the burning.
7. Add potatoes and drumsticks and mix well.
8. Shallow fry the ladyfingers, clustered beans and brinjal pieces and mix into the kadhi.
9. Now stir in chunks of tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
10. Mix very well and cover the pan by keeping a heavy weight on the lid, so that vegetables tenders well and a nice colour of kadhi comes out.
11. After 5-6 minutes, when kadhi starts boiling, add tamarind pulp and mix well.
12. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot with ‘Steamed Rice’ or ‘Jeera Rice’ or serve as a ‘Soup’.
|More Articles in Sindhi Cuisine (10)|