Preparation of Sambharo
Grated or shredded vegetables are tempered in mustard, curry leaves and green chilies and then stir fried or cooked slightly so the vegetables should retain the crunch and crispiness. Then sugar and lemon juice is added to give a sweet and sour taste. It can be served hot or cold.
Ingredients for Tempering:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
2. When seed starts crackling add asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies.
3. Now add turmeric powder and grated cabbage and saute for few seconds.
4. Then add grated carrot, salt and mix well.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes or till slightly cooked but remain crisp and crunchy.
6. Add sugar and lemon juice, mix well and remove from the gas stove.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature. Serve it as side dish along with Gujarati main course like roti, sabzi and buttermilk.
|More Articles in Gujarati Cuisine (13)|