Cabbage is an excellent source of Vitamin B6, C and K, fibre and manganese. It has anti cancer properties. It is low in calories and high in nutritional value.
Ingredients for Tempering:
1. Wash, remove the outer covering and shred cabbage or chop it into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, hing, green chilli, curry leaves and chopped onion.
3. When urad dal turns golden brown, add the shredded cabbage, peas, sprinkle water, cover and cook on low heat.
4. Stir and sprinkle water in between to prevent it from getting burnt. Add needed salt.
5. Once cooked, add grated coconut, mix well and remove from flame.
6. Serve as an accompaniment with rice.
Another Variation of Cabbage Poriyal
One can add a tbsp of cooked moong dal to the stir fry. Cook moong dal separately in a little water in such a way that it should be soft but not mushy. Drain the water and then add it once the cabbage is cooked. Mix well.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to firstname.lastname@example.org
|More Articles in Chettinad Cuisine (6)|