(Last Updated on : 12/01/2013)
Aranthangi Fort is one of the most prominent forts in Tamil Nadu
. It is located in Aranthangi
town in the district of Pudukkottai
. The geographical coordinates are latitude 10.1631°N and longitude 78.9962°E. The ancient fortress was built by the Tondaiman rulers of the Tondai Nadu during 16th century AD or 17th century AD. The Aranthangi Tondaimans reigned as feudal chiefs over the town from the 15th century to the 18th century. However they administered the region under the Vijayanagara Kings and the Pandyas
The walls of the Aranthangi Fort are not built with stones or bricks. Instead, most of the structure was constructed with mud. The ruined fortress does not show any proof of comprising any prominent buildings or palaces. There is an ancient Hindu temple in the nearby areas which was built by Rajendra Chola
in the 11th Century.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to email@example.com
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Monuments
|• ||Udayagiri Fort|
The Udayagiri Fort is a 17th-century fort that is located in Kanyakumari District in Tamil Nadu. It is located near the town of Nagercoil in the Kanyakumari District. It was founded during the 17th Century.
The Diwan-i-Am in Fatehpur Sikri happens to be one public enclosure that was used by the legendary king Akbar for deciding upon his public hearings. It is believed that it was built because of Akbar`s faith in `sun worship`
|• ||Monuments Of Mumbai|
Monuments of Mumbai hold the rich culture of the city together in a place. The monuments are diverse in nature. The gateway of India is the most popular monument in Mumbai.
|• ||Sittanavasal Cave|
Sittanavasal Cave, the rock cut Jain temple, in Tamil Nadu consists of few of the most beautiful Indian cave paintings, that were created between the period 7th - 9th Century AD.
|• ||Belapur Fort|
Belapur Fort is located in Belapur Township in Navi Mumbai, in the state of Maharashtra. The construction of Belapur Fort was completed in 1570. The fort has an elevation of almost 89 feet.