Early life Paresh Maity
Paresh Maity was born in Tamluk in the district of Purba Medinipur, in the state of West Bengal. He completed his education in art from Government College of Arts and Crafts, Kolkata. He did his masters from Fine Arts from Delhi College of Arts.
Career of Paresh Maity
In the last 20 years Paresh Maity has had some 43 shows. His work generally moved from atmospheric scenery to representations of human forms. His recent works are graphic and bold, with strong colour and unusual cropping.
Exhibitions & Shows by Paresh Maity
Paresh has held quite a lot of shows in India and internationally. His art forms a part of several impressive collections including the National Gallery of Modern Art and the British Museum.
Paresh Maity has created a huge piece of work for Terminal 3 airport at Delhi which stretches up to 850 feet and is, so far, the largest in India so far.
Awards Received by Paresh Maity
Paresh Maity has over the years won a handful of prestigious awards over the years;
* Gold medal from USSR in 1983
* Government of West Bengal award for water colour painting (1985)
* Jamini RoyBirth Centenary Celebration Award (1987)
* Governor's Gold Medal from Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata (1988)
* National Scholarship (1989)
* AIFACS award for best water colour painting (1990)
* Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Kolkata in 1990
* Harmony Award in 1999
* Royal Watercolour Society, London in 2002
|More Articles in Painters of India (126)|