The chief remedial agent needed for the cure of tuberculosis is calcium. Milk, being the richest food source for the supply of organic calcium to the body, should be taken abundantly. During the first few days of the treatment, the bowels should be cleansed on a daily basis with the tepid water enema and afterwards as necessary.
Raw Juice Therapy for Tuberculosis
In the natural remedy for tuberculosis, the patient should be put on an exclusive fresh fruit diet for 3 or 4 days. He should have 3 meals a day of fresh, juicy fruits, such as apples, oranges, pineapple, grapes, pears, peaches, melon or any other juicy fruit in season. Bananas, dried or tinned fruits should not be taken. For drinks, unsweetened lemon water or plain water either hot or cold may be taken.
Diet Therapy for Tuberculosis
After the all fruit diet, the patient should take on a fruit and milk diet. For this diet, the meals are specifically the same as the all fruit diet, but with milk added to each fruit meal. The patient may commence with a litre of milk the first day and increase by quarter litre on a daily basis up to 2 to 2.5 litres according to how the milk agrees. The fruit and milk diet should be continued for 4 to 6 weeks.
After that, the following dietary may be adopted:
The patient should avoid all devitalised foods such as white bread, white sugar, refined cereals, puddings and pies, tinned, canned and preserved foods. He should also avoid strong tea, coffee, condiments, pickles, sauces, etc.
Home Remedies for Tuberculosis
1. The custard apple is regarded as a valuable food remedy for tuberculosis. It is said to have the qualities of rejuvenating drugs.
2. Indian gooseberry has proved to be a successful medication for tuberculosis. A tablespoonful each of fresh amla juice and honey mixed together should be taken every morning in this situation.
3. Regular use of radish is also advantageous.
4. Garlic is rich in sulphuric acid that destroys the germs causing TB. Garlic can be eaten raw or cooked.
5. Drumstick has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help eliminate the TB-causing bacteria from the lungs and reduce inflammation resulting from the infection and constant coughing.
6. Black pepper helps cleanse the lungs, which in turn helps alleviate chest pains associated with tuberculosis. Also due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it can reduce the inflammation caused by the bacteria and constant coughing. Fry 8 to 10 black peppercorns in ghee. Add a pinch of asafoetida powder and allow the mixture to cool. Divide the mixture into 3 equal parts and have one dose every few hours.
7. Walnuts act as a source of strength and boost the immune system of those suffering from tuberculosis. Combine 2 teaspoons of crushed walnut powder and 1 teaspoon of garlic paste. Add one teaspoon of clarified butter and mix the ingredients thoroughly. Eat this once daily.
8. Mint is very advantageous for treating tuberculosis due to its healing and antibacterial properties. This remedy will help dissolve mucus, revitalize body organs, and nourish the lungs as well as helping to prevent dangerous side effects of medicines taken for tuberculosis.
The patient should take complete rest of both mind and body. Fresh air is always imperative in curing the disease and the patient should spend most of the time in the open air and should sleep in a well ventilated room. Sunshine is also very important as tuber bacilli are rapidly killed by exposure to sun rays. Other beneficial steps towards curing the disease are avoidance of nervous tension, slow massage, deep breathing and light occupation to make sure mental recreation.
Water Therapy for Tuberculosis
Water treatments are helpful in cases of tuberculosis. The patient’s fundamental resistance can be built up by a cautiously planned graduated cold bath routine twice a day. The intensity of the cold applications should be gradually increased to achieve satisfactory results. However, care must be taken to keep the patient from catching a cool. A short hot fomentation with alternate short cold application to the chest and back, and in the stomach region or a neutral immersion bath ( water temperature 98 to 100 degree F) for an hour just before retiring at night is also advantageous.
Yoga Asanas for Tuberculosis
Certain yogic practices are valuable in the treatment of tuberculosis in its early stages. These include asanas like Sarvangasana, Viparita Karani, and Shavasana and Jalneti kriya and Anuloma-Viloma pranayama.
Naturopathy and Diseases
Tuberculosis of the Lungs
Raw Juice Therapy
(Last Updated on : 15-07-2016)
|More Articles in Naturopathy and Diseases (100)|