1. Baba Saheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur
2. Magadh University, Bodh Gaya.
3. Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga
4. Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur.
5. Kameshwar Singh Sanskrit University, Darbhanga.
6. Jaiprakash University, Chapra.
7. Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University, Madhepura.
8. Vir Kunwar Singh University, Arrah.
9. Mazrul Haque Arabi-Farsi University, Patna.
10. Rajendra Agriculture University, Pusa.
The most prominent among these is the Patna University , established in the year 1917.It has eleven colleges including Patna's women's college , Science college, Patna Medical College etc.
The people of Bihar nurture their literary flair with lots of enthusiasm. Marvelous literary works were produced by literauts like Shiva Pujan Sahay, Divakar Prasad Vidyarthy, Ramdhari Singh 'Dinkar', Ram Briksha Benipuri, and Phanishwar Nath 'Renu' . The famous Bengali writer Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay, too resided in the Bihar province. Moreover the contemporary Indian English of India, namely, Upamanyu Chatterjee also heralds from Patna, the capital city of Bihar. Mythological novels like Chandrakanta and Chandrakanta Santai are exponents of Bihar and it was written by a legend from Bihar, Devaki Nandan Khatri of the early 20th century. Maithli is the home town of the great poet, Vidyapathi . His contribution in the literary works of Bihar is un deniable.
|More Articles in Indian Education System (19)|