Since ancient ages, massage is an important part of aromatherapy. Regular massage not only ensures relaxation but also helps people to lead a pain-free active life.
Steps of Upper Leg Massage
The steps of upper leg massage are simple and can be done even at home at one’s convenient time. The steps of the massage technique are as follows:
• Fix the thumbs on the base of the spine and with fingers rub the pressure point at the joint of the hip bone with oil making a circular movement, clockwise with the right hand and anti-clockwise with the left hand. Give special pressure on the joint of the hip bone.
• Then proceed to the thighs and start the massage of the upper legs. Start with tapping and then do the kneading; finish the kneading by shaking the muscles placing both the hands on either side of the muscle. Then pour the oil and rub it with the fingertips.
• Then massage the outside of the upper legs. Do the outside first for removing muscular tensions which are the strongest on this side. Then massage and press the inside of the upper legs for stimulating the lymph nodes.
• Then massage and stimulate by rubbing the hollow part of the knee. No tapping or kneading is needed for the knee portion. There are many lymph nodes in this area and this will stimulate the circulation of lymphatic fluid into circulatory system.
• Then turn the person who is getting the massage and let him or her lie on his back and start to massage the front side of the upper leg by tapping, kneading and shaking with oil. Rub the oil and give circular movement on the lymph nodes which are located at the joining part of the upper leg with the torso. While rubbing, the upward movement should be lighter than the downward movement. Then apply pressure on the inguinal lymph nodes.
Benefits of Upper Leg Massage
Upper Leg Massage is an ancient method for relaxation and improvement of thigh health. This massage once or twice a week can remove all the pain and stress from thighs and can gift a lot of other benefits as well.
• One who does regular massage will notice differences in the skin texture and muscle tone.
• Regular massage boosts blood circulation.
• It relieves pain and enhances the fitness levels.
• It promotes recovery of sore muscle areas.
• It provides relief to sore thighs or hamstrings.
• It keeps the upper thigh in proper shape.
• It makes the skin of the thigh look fresh and glowing.