The Census report provides detail information about the demography of the town. According to the Indian Census report published in 2001, Musabani had a population of 33,892. Males constitute 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Musabani, 12% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town, which is 67%. It is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 76% and the female literacy rate is 58%.
The Siddheshwar Temple at Rakha Mines and Zaher Sthan a holy place where tribal people offer prayers are the major landmarks.