(Last Updated on : 03-12-2008)
Located in Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu, Moolaikaraipatti is a prominent 'panchayat town'. It is situated in the south of Tirunelveli at a distance of 22 km, in the east of Munradaippu at a distance of 10 km, and 15 km. from Nanguneri. The nearest railway station is the Nanguneri Railway Station and the Tuticorin Airport at a distance of 31 km.
Detailed information about the town can be found in the Indian Census report of 2001. According to the report, Moolaikaraipatti had a population of 9484. The male populace constitutes of 48% and the female populace comprises of the remaining 52%. Moolaikaraipatti has an average literacy rate of 70%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, male literacy rate is 76% and the female literacy rate is 64%.
Major attractions around Moolaikaraipatti are Kalakadu Wildlife Sanctuary, Kunthakulam Bird Sanctuary, Valliyur Subramanyar Temple, Radhapuram Shiva Temple and Tirukkurungudi Temple. Alwar Tirunagari, a popular Vaishnavite center is located in the east of Moolaikaraipatti at a distance of 19 km.