(Last Updated on : 03/12/2008)
Located in the southeastern part of Rampur district, Milak is a city in the northern state of India, Uttar Pradesh. Strategically located on the NH 24 Milak is located in the southeast of Rampur at a distance of 30 km. The nearest access points are Milak Railway Station on the Moradabad-Bareilly railway route and the Pant Nagar Airport. Geographically, the town is located between 28.62° North latitude and 79.18° East longitude at an average elevation of 173 metres (567 feet) above mean sea level.
Detailed information about the town can be found in the Indian Census report published in 2001. The report staes that Milak had a population of 25, 559. Males account for 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In Milak, 19% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Milak is 47% which is much lower than the nation wide standard literacy rate which is 59.5 percent. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 56% and the female literacy rate is 38%.